Division: Center for Veterans Issues, Inc.
Department: Bureau of Transitional Housing
Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Lead Case Manager
The incumbent in this position will secure the assigned property and provide a secure environment for staff, clients, and guests. The incumbent will also provide daily assistance to clients regarding their basic needs under the direction of the clinical staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Secure the assigned property including the interior and exterior by performing regular walk-through inspections in and around the building
- Ensure the property is supervised at all times – never leaving the property unattended
- Greet visitors, clients, and guests and ensure that any necessary messages are written in message logs. Ensure that sign-in/sign-out sheets and logs are properly completed
- Cordially observe and monitor all building entrants for appropriate behavior to include sobriety
- Direct visitors to appropriate staff or waiting areas per written procedures
- Lock/unlock interior and exterior doors as needed, monitor and maintain key system per written procedures
- Receive and assist contributors in unloading donations, document donations received, and secure items
- Assist the Intake staff in orienting new members, assigning rooms, and distributing toiletries and linens
- Operate and monitor any security equipment on sites such as cameras, monitors, lighting, alarms, and two-way radio systems
- Be familiar with all safety equipment and evacuation procedures
- Assist in testing security alarms, fire alarms, and smoke detectors per operating procedures
- Be familiar with the facility’s operating systems and monitor for any malfunctions
- Report and document any building operations problems to your supervisor
- Conduct alcohol/breathalyzer tests and urine analysis per written procedures
- Intervene and seek compliance when program policies and procedures are not being followed by clients or guests
- De-escalate and mediate behavior incidents when possible, call upon clinical staff or 911 as necessary
- Complete and maintain CPR and First Aid Certification
- Call 911 for medical emergencies
- Assist in coordination and assignment of work detail duties to clients in collaboration with Work Detail Coordinator and Case Managers
- All other duties as assigned
Other Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a strict and high level of confidentiality
- Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate to a very diverse at-risk population
- Must be computer literate and be able to perform basic computer navigational functions as well as some basic spreadsheet skills
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure
- Able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- High School diploma or GED
- Some experience with security and maintenance
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
General group living environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Work is performed in a living environment with standard office equipment available. Travel will be less than 10% and is generally local.
Work is generally sedentary in nature and will require standing and walking for up to 50% of the time. There will occasionally be bending, lifting, and carrying of up to 25 pounds.
There are no direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.