Administrative Program Assistant
Division: Center for Veterans Issues, Ltd.
Department: Transitional Housing Program
Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Bureau of Transitional Housing Programs
The overall purpose of the Administrative Program Assistant in the Bureau of Transitional Housing and Programs is to provide administrative and programmatic support to the program and the Bureau Director. They are responsible to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Bureau of Transitional Housing and need extraordinary attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director with all aspects of the Director’s responsibilities as requested
- Assist in the planning and coordination of the weekly meetings and public events
- Log donations, prepare thank you letters, etc. . . in accordance with financial policies and procedures
- Assist in the coordination of other public events and public relations
- Draft correspondence and other documents including letters, memos, grants, etc. . . .
- Manage office operations to include ordering supplies, maintain office equipment as well as process incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain agency databases and perform entry/exits into the HMIS system
- Set up and maintain distribution lists in Outlook
- Serve as the receptionist, answer all incoming telephone calls and greet visitors
- Create and maintain central office records and files to include contracts and related documents as well as archival material
- Manage mailings
- Maintain calendar and periodically set up meetings for Director
- Coordinate agenda for staff meetings, prepare notes and assignments from meetings, and e-mail to participants
- Manage volunteers and interns
- Conduct preliminary client interviews in support of the Program Specialist
- Schedule, set up and confirm appointments/meetings for participants
- Assist Case Managers & program staff with client follow up & data entry
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director, including those involving collaboration with other staff
Other Skills and Abilities
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience as an Administrative Assistant or Secretary
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Project coordination experience
- Able to complete all projects in a timely manner
- Upbeat, positive, outgoing, personable, and able to relate well with diverse populations
- Basic mathematical skills
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
- Three to five years’ experience or training in administrative skills
- Able to pass a criminal background check as it relates to the position
General group living environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Work is performed in a living environment with standard office equipment available. Travel will be less than 25% and is generally local.
Work is generally light to sedentary in nature and will require standing and walking for up to 50% of the time. There will occasionally be bending, lifting, and carrying of up to 10-15 pounds.
There are no direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.