Division: Bureau of Housing & Development
Department: SSG Fox Suicide Prevention Program
Pay Rate: $18.00 – $20.19 per hour.
Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Suicide Prevention Project Coordinator
The overall purpose of the Administrative Assistant in the SSG Fox Suicide Prevention Project is to provide administrative and clerical support to the Project Coordinator and Case Managers in the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a wide variety of clerical duties, including, but not limited to:
- Answering phones, copying, collating, faxing, filing, mailing, typing, etc…
- Perform a wide variety of administrative duties, including, but not limited to:
- Proof reading and editing program documents
- Respond to staff email inquires
- Schedule, set-up and confirm appointments/meetings for participants
- Assist Case Managers with client follow up & data entry
- Assist in the planning and coordination of the weekly staffing
- Draft correspondence and other documents including letters, memos, etc. . . .
- Manage office operations to include ordering supplies and maintain office equipment
- Maintain MS Outlook calendar and periodically set up meetings for Director, Project Coordinator, and Case Managers
- Promptly and accurately assess and process all voice mails and emails
- Maintain agency databases and perform entry/exits into the HMIS/VA systems
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the VP of Housing & Development and the Project Coordinator.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to complete all projects in a timely manner
- Upbeat, positive, outgoing, personable and able to relate well with diverse populations
- Basic mathematical skills
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school is preferred
- High School diploma or GED is required
- Minimum of three years of customer service experience
- Experience scheduling appointments and follow with clients/customers
- Able to pass a criminal background check as it relates to the position
General group living environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Work is performed in a living environment with standard office equipment available. Travel will be less than 5% and is generally local.
Work is generally light to sedentary in nature and will require standing and walking for up to 50% of the time. There will occasionally be bending, lifting and carrying of up to 10-15 pounds.
There are no direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.