Division: Bureau of Programs and Services
Department: Supportive Services for Veterans Families
Reports to: Director of SSVF
The purpose of this position is to perform the daily duties associated with researching, verifying, and filing veteran’s claims for service or non-service-connected disability. This should be done in a concerned, accurate, and timely manner. Also, conduct basic computer classes for members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the VIMS (Veteran Information Management System) System
- Input veteran’s data; retrieve veteran’s data
- Maintain accurate reports on various programs
- Teach a basic computer class
- May be required to work over, depending on the needs of the business
- Other duties as assigned or requested by supervisor
Other Skills and Abilities
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to follow directions and instructions from supervisor
- Associates degree in Social/Human Services is preferred
- Two or more years’ experience in military benefits management
- Strong knowledge of computers and database management
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license in good standing
- Valid and current proof of auto insurance required
General office environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate. Travel will be less than 10% and is local.
General office environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Work is performed in an office setting with standard office equipment available. Travel will be less than 10% and is generally local.
There are no direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.