Division: Bureau of Programs & Services
Department: Supportive Services for Veterans Families (SSVF)
Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
Reports to: SSVF Area Manager
The overall purpose of the Activities, Housing & Outreach Coordinator is three-fold. They are to create an activities program that meets the needs and desires of the residents at Veterans Manor, develop and maintain a viable housing stock and conduct outreach throughout Brown County and the surrounding counties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches activities suitable to the residents of Veterans Manor to address their issues/barriers from a holistic perspective
- Designs and implements programs to encourage socialization, provide entertainment, relaxation, and fulfillment, and improve daily living skills
- Create and monitor a feedback system regarding how activities are received by residents to make adjustments as necessary to improve activities
- Develop relationships with landlords and building managers to create a stock of housing available and amenable to clients of CVI – for both those that qualify or do not qualify for SSVF services
- Create and maintain a spreadsheet with all the housing locations that will partner with CVI for housing veterans
- Inform Case Managers and Area Manager of available housing as needed
- Network with local shelters and providers serving homeless and at risk of homeless persons to identify veterans
- Coordinate volunteers with partner organizations for weekly, targeted outreach to serving homeless and at risk of being homeless veterans including VA, homeless shelters, known homeless camps, Continuum of Care providers, community awareness events, Homeless Stand-downs and the like
- Conduct outreach and in-reach activities such as orientation workshops, presentations, and presentations of referral mechanisms at partner providers
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written format. High levels of professionalism with different stakeholders Skill in public relations and partnering practices
- Intimate knowledge of veteran recovery community and issues
- Must be flexible, maintain composure in difficult situations, and have a sense of humor
- Ability to relate to and interact with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Maintain confidentiality of written and verbal information
- Bachelor’s degree in social services is preferred
- Minimum two years of experience in performing the above duties
- Experience working with Veterans is highly preferred
- Experience delivering services to SUD, COD, or homeless population is also preferred
Work is generally sedentary in nature and will require standing and walking for up to 30% of the time. There will occasionally be bending, lifting, and carrying of up to 10-15 pounds.
There are no direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.