Division: Property Management
Department: College Ave / Soldier’s Home / Vet’s Gardens
Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Property Management
The overall purpose of the Property Manager is to oversee the maintenance and upkeep of the assigned properties as well as tenant satisfaction. The Property Manager is also responsible for enforcing rental terms equally with all tenants. This position serves as the face of the organization to tenants, guests, visitors, and vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting, tracking, and depositing rent and other property fees from tenants.
- Issue receipts for rents paid.
- Manage office operations to include ordering supplies, maintain office equipment as well as process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Set up and maintain distribution lists.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and greet visitors.
- Create and maintain central office records and files to include leases, contracts, and related documents as well as archival material.
- Maintain calendar.
- Assist with resolving tenant complaints.
- Conduct regular property inspections.
- Schedule maintenance and repairs.
- Quickly resolve emergency maintenance issues.
- Execute eviction proceedings to include issuing a five-day notice.
- Completing applications and recertification’s.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director, including those involving collaboration with other staff.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience as an Assistant Property Manager
- Experience using property management software such as OneSite, Yardi, etc. …
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to complete all projects in a timely manner
- Upbeat, positive, outgoing, personable and able to relate well with diverse populations
- Basic mathematical skills
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred
- Three to five years’ experience or training in administrative/property management skills
- Able to pass a criminal background check as it relates to the position
General group living environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Work is performed in a living environment with standard office equipment available. Travel will be less than 25% and is generally local.
Work is generally light to sedentary in nature and will require standing and walking for up to 50% of the time. There will occasionally be bending, lifting and carrying of up to 10-15 pounds.
There are no direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.