Department: Property Management Division
Pay Rate: $12.00 – $15.00
Reports to: Director of Property Management
The overall purpose of the Janitorial/maintenance assistant position is to perform custodial work in offices, storage areas, common areas, and building exteriors as well as assist maintenance staff as needed. This will help provide a safe and clean environment for all staff, clients, and other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors using available equipment at each location
- Cleans bathrooms
- Empties trash cans
- Cleans windows and glass doors
- Empties ashtrays and other smoking receptacles
- Occasionally uses ladders, dust and washes walls, cleans ceilings, dust and polishes light fixtures
- Washes and replaces blinds
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates, and equipment to clean areas
- May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions
- Clears trash from property exteriors
- Sweeps walkway, rakes leaves, cuts grass, removes snow, or performs other incidental seasonal tasks
- Other duties as assigned or requested by supervisor
Other Skills and Abilities
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to see a janitorial need and address it without being told to do so
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to follow directions and instructions from supervisor
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license in good standing
- Valid and current proof of auto insurance required
General office environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate. Travel will be less than 10% and is local.
Work is physical in nature and consists of walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching as well as carrying and lifting to sometimes more than 50 pounds.
There are no direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.