Department: Property Management
Status: Part-Time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Property Management
The overall purpose of the Administrative/ Property Management Assistant is to provide administrative and property management support to the Director of Property Management. The incumbent is responsible to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the management of properties and needs extraordinary attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft correspondence and other documents including letters, memos, notices, etc. . . .
- Manage office operations to include ordering supplies, maintain office equipment as well as process incoming and outgoing mail
- Set up and maintain distribution lists
- Serve as a receptionist, answer all incoming telephone calls and greet visitors
- Create and maintain central office records and files to include contracts and related documents as well as archival material
- Maintain calendar and periodically set up meetings for Director
- Assist with tracking, collecting, and depositing rents
- Issue receipts for rents paid
- Assist with resolving tenant complaints
- Conduct regular property inspections
- Schedule maintenance and repairs
- Quickly resolve emergency maintenance issues
- Assist with eviction proceedings to include issuing a five-day notice
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director, including those involving collaboration with other staff
Other Skills and Abilities
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience as an Administrative Assistant or Assistant Property Manager
- Experience using property management software such as Yardi, OneSite, etc. …
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Project coordination experience
- Able to complete all projects in a timely manner
- Upbeat, positive, outgoing, personable, and able to relate well with diverse populations
- Basic mathematical skills
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school minimum
- Three to five years’ experience or training in administrative/property management skills
- Able to pass a criminal background check as it relates to the position
General group living environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Work is performed in a living environment with standard office equipment available. Travel will be less than 25% and is generally local.
Work is generally light to sedentary in nature and will require standing and walking for up to 50% of the time. There will occasionally be bending, lifting, and carrying of up to 10-15 pounds.
There are no direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.