Program Support Assistant Position
Division: Bureau of Housing & Development
Department: TIP / GPD
Pay Rate: $18-$22 per hour
Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt
Reports to: VP, Housing & Development
The overall purpose of the Program Support Assistant is to support the Transition in Place (TIP) and Grant & per Diem programs in an administrative and programmatic role as well as support the VP of Housing and Development. The incumbent is responsible to help ensure the effective and efficient operation of the TIP & GPD programs and need an extraordinary attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the VP/director with all aspects of the VP’s responsibilities as requested
- Assist in the planning and coordination of the weekly meetings and public events
- Log donations, prepare thank you letters, etc… in accordance with financial policies and procedures
- Assist in the coordination of other public events and public relations
- Draft correspondence and other documents including letters, memos, grants, etc. . . .
- Manage office operations to include ordering supplies, maintain office equipment as well as process incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain agency databases and perform entry/exits into the HMIS system
- Set up and maintain distribution lists in Outlook
- Create and maintain central office records and files to include contracts and related documents as well as archival material
- Maintain calendar and periodically set up meetings for VP/Director
- Coordinate agenda for TIP Program staff meetings, prepare notes and assignments from meetings and e-mail to participants
- Conduct preliminary client interviews in support of the TIP Case Managers
- Schedule, set-up and confirm appointments/meetings for participants
- Assist Case Managers & program staff with client follow up & data entry
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director/VP, including those involving collaboration with other staff
- Contact veterans daily and record the method by which they respond
- Deliver monthly checks to property owners
- Prepare receipts and complete purchase requisition
- Conduct/perform wellness checks
- Support goals of the Center for Veterans Issues, Inc. (CVI) by volunteering/working at events such as Stand-down, Military and Veteran Family Day at the Zoo, Point-in-time, and the various CVI fundraisers, giving ten hours of service per year
- Other duties as assigned
Other Skills and Abilities
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience as a Human Services Administrative Assistant or Secretary
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Project coordination experience
- Able to complete all projects in a timely manner
- Upbeat, positive, outgoing, personable and able to relate well with diverse populations
- Basic mathematical skills
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
- Three to five years’ experience or training in Human Services administration
- Able to pass a criminal background check and driving record as it relates to the position
General group living environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Work is performed in a living environment with standard office equipment available. Travel will be less than 50% and is generally local.
Work is generally light to sedentary in nature and will require standing and walking for up to 50% of the time. There will occasionally be bending, lifting, and carrying of up to 10-15 pounds.
There are no direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.