Reports to: HVRP Program Manager
The Outreach Specialist will be responsible for conducting outreach activities throughout the regional area of coverage with various agencies to identify and refer veterans in need of CVI services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and conduct outreach services planning regular routes and maintain a schedule
- Network with shelters and providers serving the homeless and at-risk of homeless persons to identify and refer veterans to CVI and the SSVF/PSH programs
- Coordinate volunteers with partner organizations for weekly targeted outreach to homeless and at-risk homeless veterans including VA, homeless shelters, known homeless camps, Continuum of Care providers, community awareness events, and Homeless stand-downs
- Conduct outreach and in-reach activities such as orientation workshops, presentations, and presentation of referral mechanisms at partner providers
- Other duties as assigned
Other Skills and Abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to meet program deadlines
- High school diploma or GED required; An Associate’s degree in Social Services is preferred
- Reliable personal automobile
- Current valid driver’s license and proof of current auto insurance
- Experience working with veterans, persons with substance abuse and or mental health disorders, or the homeless population is preferred
Most of the time will be spent in various locations throughout the local community in indoor environments. Temperature and lighting will be adequate. A portion of the time will be spent in a motor vehicle where the incumbent is in control of conditions. Some exposure to varied weather conditions is to be expected.
The position is generally sedentary in nature being seated most of the time. There will be some walking, stairs, and standing as necessary to meet with veterans and community contacts. There may be some lifting or carrying of up to 20 pounds.
There are no direct reports
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.