Department: Troop Café
Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Manager of Culinary Operations
The overall purpose of the Food Service & Prep Cook at Troop Café is to support the Executive Chef in operating Troop Café. This operation includes assistance in preparing food for the store front and any catering needs as well as processing all online, telephone, and fax machine orders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for compliance with industry food safety standards
- Maintain ServSafe certification
- Assists in all aspects of food preparation and presentation as needed
- Processes all orders received via online, telephone, or fax machine
- Assists in control of inventory and supplies
- Responsible for safety in the kitchen and restaurant areas
- Keeps work areas and food storage areas clean and safe to industry-standard levels
- Perform all other duties as assigned or requested
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong ability to follow and adjust recipes accordingly
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good manual dexterity in order to utilize kitchen utensils/equipment, wash dishes and perform all cleaning abilities
- Excellent attention to detail in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Upbeat, positive, outgoing, personable, and able to relate well with diverse populations
- Able to use various types of kitchen equipment
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
- ServSafe certified
- Two to three years’ experience in the food service industry
- Able to pass a criminal background check as it relates to the position
- Reliable transportation
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and current automotive insurance
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is usually indoors, in a controlled environment, and experiences a moderate noise level in the work environment as well as above-normal temperatures in the kitchen and below normal temperatures in freezers and refrigerators.
Work is moderately physical in nature and will require standing and walking for up to 90% of the time. There will be bending, lifting, and carrying of up to 50 pounds.
There are no direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.