Division: Education, Training and Employment
Department: Children First
Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of ETE
- Develop Individualized Service Plans (ISPs) with participants by assessing immediate needs in employment and counseling and proved information and referral services related to the ISPs
- Advocate and intervene for participants in assessing services such as the courts, social service agencies and in obtaining participant personal records
- Provide job development and training services, establish and maintain relationships with collaborative partners
- Maintain participant case records as deemed appropriate by funding sources
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Provide transportation (bus tickets when available) for participant use when necessary
- Evaluate each participant’s educational level and develop short term plans for improvement
- Provide work experience, job training, job search assistance, job placement, job orientation and retention services
- Promote the self-sufficiency and responsible parenting of the participants referred to the program
- Provide weekly motivational assemblies to program participants
- Occasionally bring in outside subject matter experts in the areas of education, training and employment issues
- Other duties as requested or assigned
Other Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the Milwaukee Child Support Enforcement Division’s policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills to include the ability to write case profiles, reports and business correspondence
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present information and respond to questions from groups, participants, veterans, and the general public
- Basic Microsoft Office product skills
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Skill in public relations and partnering practices
- Considerable knowledge of community services
- General mathematical and reasoning skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse groups
- Bachelor’s degree in Social/Human Services field is preferred
- Associate’s degree is required
- Three or more years’ experience and or training in similar work
General office environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Work is performed in an office environment with standard office equipment available. Travel will be less than 5% and is generally local.
Work is generally sedentary in nature and will require standing and walking for up to 15% of the time. There will occasionally be bending, lifting, and carrying of up to 10-15 pounds.
There are no direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.