Reports to: President/CEO
The overall purpose of the Accounting Manager is to plan and direct the accounting activates of the accounting department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the accounting staff who are responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, and payroll
- Coordinate training programs for new accounting staff and identify training needs for current staff
- Train and develop financial staff and conduct performance evaluations
- Review internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation and adjust accordingly
- Oversee preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets
- Oversee the production of periodic financial reports; ensure that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards
- Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; files annual corporate tax return
- Audit accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinate with outside auditors and provide needed information for the annual external audit
- Present recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies
- Provide financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse groups
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, Master’s degree is preferred
- Eight years or more of related experience required
- Knowledge of Community Brands (Abila) accounting software is highly preferred
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
General office environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Work is performed in an office environment with standard office equipment available. Travel will be less than 5% and is generally local.
Work is generally sedentary in nature and will require standing and walking for up to 15% of the time. There will occasionally be bending, lifting, and carrying of up to 10-15 pounds.
There are two direct reports to this position; the Jr. Accountant/Accounts payable and the Jr. Accountant-Payroll.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.