Status: Part-Time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Accounting Manager
The overall goal of the Accounting Assistant is to provide support to the Accounting department activities and the Administrative Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Performing basic office tasks such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing mail, etc…
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquires
- Provide documentation for audits
- Other duties as requested or assigned
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Good experience with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to learn the ABILA software system
- Flexible and able to maintain composure in difficult situations
- Ability to relate to and interact with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Maintain confidentiality
- Associate degree in Accounting is preferred
- High School diploma with some college experience required
General office environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Work is performed in an office environment with standard office equipment available. Travel will be less than 5% and is generally local.
Work is generally sedentary in nature and will require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. There will occasionally be bending, lifting, and carrying of up to 10-15 pounds.
There are no direct reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.